Stolen from EEK, Todd, Dan, and Monkey, among others
Here are the rules I must follow:
* Pick 15 movies. (These aren’t necessarily my favorites, as many have already been taken, but they are all movies I like)
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on el bloggo for everyone to guess.
* Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed.
These are the rules, people!
* Leave guesses in the comments.
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions. Don’t cheat, suckas!
*Know-it-alls, limit your guesses to three movies. Save some for others!
1.”You slip me the cash, and I slip you the weiner.”
“But I don’t have any cash!”
“Then I don’t have a weiner!”
–Adventures in Babysitting, Lissa (hi, Lissa!)
2. “I’ll give you a winter prediction: It’s gonna be cold, it’s gonna be grey, and it’s gonna last you for the rest of your life. “
–Groundhog Day, EEK
3. “But the worst thing I ever done – I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa – and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life. “
4. “No more rhyming now! I mean it!”
“…anybody want a peanut?”
–The Princess Bride, Average Jane
5. “Something from the grill, Jill?”
“No, meat makes me ill, Bill.”
–Muppets Take Manhattan, Lissa
6. “I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.”
–Serenity, Average Jane
7. “How many husbands have you had? “
“Mine or other women’s? “
“Yes, just the five. Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft strong and disposable. “
“You lure men to their deaths like a spider with flies. “
“Flies are where men are most vulnerable.”
8. “How do you know if a Frenchman has been in your backyard? “
“Hey, I’m French, all right? “
“Your garbage cans are empty and your dog’s pregnant. “
“Didn’t I just say I’m French? “
–Stand By Me, Todd
9. “I believe if there’s any kind of God it wouldn’t be in any of us, not you or me but just this little space in between. If there’s any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it’s almost impossible to succeed but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt.”
10. “I finally get a bouquet and it’s a goodbye present. That’s depressing. “
11. “In telling the story of my father’s life, it’s impossible to separate fact from fiction, the man from the myth. The best I can do is to tell it the way he told me. It doesn’t always make sense and most of it never happened… but that’s what kind of story this is. “
–Big Fish, Average Jane
12. “Which did you like better? “Jedi” or “The Empire Strikes Back”? “
“Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader’s his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that’s what life is, a series of down endings. All “Jedi” had was a bunch of Muppets. “
13. “That cab has a dent in it!”
–The Royal Tenenbaums, EEK
14. “Dude, that was SO not extreme! “
“I know, Extreme Sports Punk Number One… “
15. “There’s a ninety-five pound Chinese man with a hundred sixty million dollars behind this door.”
“Let’s get him out. “
–Ocean’s Eleven, Cari