* Last night, I made chocolate pomegranate cluster thingies. Basically, I took the arils out of a pomegranate, rinsed and let dry. Then, I melted some chocolate chips and dumped the arils in. I stirred it a bit, then used a teaspoon measurement to drop spoonfuls onto a wax paper-covered cookie sheet. I froze them until they were solid, then rolled about half of them in a mixture of powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
* This morning, I had to buy a 9 volt battery from the hardware store at 7:45 AM so the automatic cat feeder would function. I was surprisingly more functional at that hour than I would have expected considering I probably didn’t fall asleep until after 1:30 AM.
* Today, after hitching a ride to the bus depot in Santa Rosa, I took a bus to San Rafael and then transferred to a different bus to get to the east bay. While I was waiting for the second bus, who should appear but my awesome cousin!!!! I hadn’t seen her since before she left on her big four-month adventure in Africa (she just got back a week ago) and it was totally off-the-wall random that we’d run into one another. I love small world things like that; plus we got to have a nice little catch up visit during the bus ride and the BART ride.
* The reason I came down is because tomorrow at 7 AM Dan and I are flying to San Diego. We’ll be attending my cousin’s wedding in a small town in the eastern foothills, for which I’ll be doing the flowers. Dan will be exploring Julian and eating apples and pie. On Sunday night, we get to spend some time with Oldest Friend in San Diego before flying back up to SFO on Monday morning.
* Today, once I dropped my stuff off at the house where we’re staying the night, and caught up on my internets, I walked to downtown Berkeley through my old stomping grounds just north of University. I basically walked most of the route I used to run when I lived above the Body Time shop at Shattuck and Berkeley Way. It’s fun walking through that area, because I always play the “which stores/restaurants are the same and which ones are different?” game, and I always have flashbacks to specific memories from specific spots. I got to try about 8 different flavors of gelato from my favorite gelateria (Gelateria Naia) and settled on small scoops of cassia cinnamon and pumpkin. Yum.
* Tonight, Dan and I got to have a date night for the first time in I don’t even know how long. We literally could not remember the last time just the two of us went out for dinner. We had really great Indian food at a place in Albany, and it was quite inexpensive for the amount of food we got. Two thumbs up.
* Holy crap, a 7 AM flight is going to SUCK.