I’m helping with a baby shower this weekend and the theme is ‘children’s books.’ I made two different quiz/game things for the shower, and had a pretty good time putting them together. Some twitter friends and some real-life friends took the quizzes for me today to help me gauge whether they were at about the right level of difficulty. So without further adieu, the (more difficult) Children’s Book Trivia Quiz. (If you want to try to answer, no fair googling!) How many can you answer?
What do you know about Children’s Books?
A Trivia Game in Three Acts
Provide the real titles to these alternative versions.
1. Evening salutation to a natural satellite
2. If a rodent is provided with a baked good.
3. A weather forecast involving Italian comestibles.
4. A diminutive heir to the throne.
5. Small dwelling in the vast expanse of grassland
Act 2. Multiple Choice
1. Which of the following children’s books has not been made into a feature film?
b) The Polar Express
d) The Lorax
e) Where The Wild Things Are
2. Which of these celebrities has not published at least one children’s book?
b) Kristi Yamaguchi
c) Julie Andrews
d) Steve Martin
e) Britney Spears
3. Which of the following well-known children’s book authors has also been published in Playboy Magazine?
a) Theodore Geisel (Dr Seuss)
b) Shel Silverstein
c) Maurice Sendak
d) Margaret Wise Brown
e) Beverly Cleary
Act 3: The tough stuff
1. Name the nine main characters in Winnie the Pooh.
2. What’s the difference between the Caldecott Medal and the Newbery Medal for children’s books?
3. What’s Pippi Longstocking’s full name? (SUPER BONUS QUESTION)
4. In Tikki Tikki Tembo, there are two brothers. What is the second brother’s name?
5. What is the species of Mary Alice, Operator #9?
6. Name the four original babysitters from the Babysitters’ Club. For bonus points, name the three that joined later.
7. In SuperFudge, what was the name of Fudge’s pet bird, and what kind of bird was it? (For extra bonus points, what was the bird’s favorite saying?)
8. FOR ALL THE BONUS POINTS: On what street and in what city did Beezus and Ramona Quimby and Henry Huggins live?