Here’s a meme that’s been going around; I got it from Cil. It’s called the bucket list. You have to review all 100 items and put in bold the ones you’ve already achieved in life. (I am also italicizing the ones I want to do.) So, here — with my annotations — is my bucket list:
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band (does it count if I was in the school band in middle school?)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower many times
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world Been to Land multiple times, not World, no interest in going again.
8. Climbed a mountain several times!
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris would love to go again!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch – Someone taught me at least the basics of all the artsy things I do.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – not sure if I would want to do this.
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill — duh.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon I ran IN one but wasn’t able to finish. I’m counting it anyway.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – sunsets all the time, sunrises rarely.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors Most of my ancestors have been in the US a long time but I’d like to go to the part of Ireland where my great grandmother was from.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language – Never taught myself, but maybe someday.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – but I did pay off all my credit card debt!
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – tried to see it from the train, no dice.
39. Gone rock climbing – only once, but I was pretty good at it.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David twice!
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – Someday we’ll get to Yellowstone.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – have given away a lot of food to street people in Berkeley, never actually bought someone a restaurant meal.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight it was cold and windy.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris I climbed up all the free parts and didn’t pay for the elevator to the very top but I’m counting it anyway
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – alas, the last nearby drivein closed down last year. The nearest one to us now is more than an hour’s drive away.
55. Been in a movie -This one time I was accidentally in one take of one scene of the movie Phenomenon.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China and walked 10 kilometers!
57. Started a business – Got ideas for this one!
58. Taken a martial arts class – Tae Kwon Do in college, it was fun.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – My sisters were Girl Scouts but not me
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason – Yesterday!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp – Never go to Auchwitz alone after you’ve spent 3 weeks traveling with a friend.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt — I think so? I know I helped with some of my mom’s quilts.
73. Stood in Times Square —in January!
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper – I won the Geography Bee in 7th grade!
85. Read the entire Bible – I’ve read parts but not the entire thing
86. Visited the White House – I stood outside but haven’t gone in.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous — I met Shiloh Strong one time (most notable for being the older brother of an actor on Boy Meets World). Does he count?
92. Joined a book club My cousin runs a book club/cooking club called Iron Rainbow, and if I ever live in the Bay Area again I will join hers!
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person – Shockingly, there was not a basement.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant